Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Foods of Who

I've been working on a project involving the food referenes in Doctor Who for awhile now, and it's finally done! My idea was to create a list of distinctly British foods mentioned in Doctor Who and have Americans eat them. It's been a long running joke that Americans and Europeans have vastly different tastes in food, so this seemed like a great way to test the theory and have some fandom fun while we're at it. I recruited my friends Brian (from the Super Guillory Brother's Super Fun Show) and The General (for her mad editing skills) to help me since I'm still trying to get used to the idea of producing videos, and ordered as many food items from England as I could to keep this as authentic as possible. Hijinx ensued.

So, if you've ever pondered what Fish Fingers and Custard would actually taste like, or Jelly Babies, or Yorkshire Pudding, then wonder no more! We tried them all, so you don't have to! Below, as a kind of sneak peek for blog readers, you will find the first episode of the She-Geeks series, The Foods of Who. Bon appetit!


1 comment:

  1. I really love this idea! So clever, but I don't know that I can try fish fingers and custard. The only "Who" food I've made is adipose cookies. :P

    ReplyDelete